Software Engineer - Senior
Mpirik is addressing the undertreatment of heart diseases by collecting and analyzing data and using novel algorithms to automate patient identification for care. We utilize real-time data streams with hospital system electronic medical records to automate disease screening of cardiovascular diseases and research to drive improved outcomes for patients. We are a surgeon founded and led healthcare technology company located in Milwaukee, WI.
What You'll Do
Are you interested in building elegant and scalable systems to help our customers unleash the power of their data? As a Senior Software Engineer, you will help scale our data processing pipelines, create and tune algorithmic data curation tools, and visualize data in meaningful ways for healthcare professionals. We build systems that clean, structure, and understand clinical-level patient data; and make use of the data to improve healthcare efficiency and diagnosis.
In addition, you'll also
- Write simple, elegant, well-structured, well-tested code that drives new features and improvements across all of our products and services.
- Brainstorm with product owners and designers to conceptualize new features
- Collaborate with other engineers to build new features
- Research new web technologies and discuss potential solutions to problems
- Work with support to triage and debug technical support requests
Who You Are
- You are a self-starter who values continual learning.
- You are an experienced engineer with four plus years of experience developing software solutions.
- You value and are empathetic to your internal and external customers.
- You have experience with languages like TypeScript, C#, Java, or Python
- You have experience with relational databases like PostgreSQL, MS SQL, or MySQL
- You proactively identify problems that have a high impact on the business.
- You are an advocate for the collection, measurement and interpretation of results: performance optimization, capacity planning, diagnostics.
- You seek simple approaches to complex problems
Bonus if you have:
- Cloud environment experience, ideally with AWS
- Healthcare or healthcare software experience
- Experience leading the delivery of software systems to production
- Contributions to open source projects
Mpirik offers its employees a creative and fast-paced working environment. We differentiate ourselves by hiring people who can grow with our company. We employ some of the brightest minds and invest in their personal growth while avoiding politics. Mpirik is a fast-paced, self-driven, highly inclusive culture.
- Saving lives. Capes are optional.
- Generous vacation policy
- Free parking
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Membership dues to one professional organization annually
- 100% coverage of expenses related to certification, testing, preparation, and exam fees
Mpirik has seven core values that will inform your experience at Mpirik:
Making Healthcare Better
We see a lot of room for improvement in healthcare and its part of our core to lead the charge for improvement.
Doing More With Less
We strive to set and exceed our own high standards with reasonable resources.
We're always thinking of ways to change processes, perspectives, and opinions for the better. We learn from everything we do.
Pursuing Growth & Learning
We're always learning new things and sharing it with each other. You can find insight in the strangest of places.
We celebrate our individual and team victories in a non-boastful way.
Being Adventurous, Creative & Open-Minded
We are open to new ideas and the possibility of failure in all that we do.
Creating Fun in Everything We Do
We want to have fun doing what we love and hope it shows in our products and services.